Manchester United have banned their football stars from social network sites. Manchester United are said to have taken control of the Twitter accounts of Ryan Giggs, Darren Fletcher and Wayne Rooney. The Facebook accounts of Rio Ferdinand, Wes Brown and Ryan Giggs also have gone offline. This all is because United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is said to have ordered a clampdown to plug newsleaks. A couple of weeks before Liverpool forward Ryan Babel was forced to apologise to his manager Rafa Benitez for a 'tweet' on Twitter.
I don't agree with Manchester United. I think that everybody has the right to have their own social network profiles. I can understand that football players are not allowed to publish information about their club, or their situation at the club, but I think they have to be free to use social network sites. I think it is a bad thing that football clubs are trying to control this. If players don't publish information related to their club or their situation at their club, they have to be free to use a social network for any purpose they want.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2817887/Man-Utd-ban-stars-from-Twitter.html
donderdag 21 januari 2010
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
I partially agree with Manchester United, I can understand that they want to avoid situations and the negative publicity similar with Gregory van der wiel. On the other hand are football players grown up people and they should know what they are publishing.
BeantwoordenVerwijderenI can understand that Manchester United wants to avoid leaks. However, I think it is wrong to 'forbid' their player to use these social network sites. They are adults and I think they understand that they should not leak information. And if they do leak information, it is easy to track down who did it... so I think Manchester United is overreacting. ;)
BeantwoordenVerwijderen