In Summer Lane, Exeter, a 20ft apple tree is still bursting red and green fruit, despite the snow and frosts of recent weeks. Normally apple trees produce fruit from May to October. Some horticultural advisors can't explain how it comes that this apple tree gives fruit in January. They can't even imagine that the apples survived the frost of recent weeks. However it is described as 'magical', these hortucultural advisors don't see a reason why these apples won't be edible. They are quiet hard, but they still are edible.
I think it really is magic, that a apple tree has survived the cold weeks with snow, ice and frosts and gives apples in January. Normally plants and trees do survive cold periods, but sometimes trees and plants die after such a heavy period. But I have never heard about an apple tree, or any other kind of tree or plant, that it was blooming as this tree does. It is a very unusual story, which I can't clarify. We know that with the greenhouse effect nature is changing, but blooming trees in cold periods wasn't what I expected with planet Earth that is warming up.
I think it really is magic, that a apple tree has survived the cold weeks with snow, ice and frosts and gives apples in January. Normally plants and trees do survive cold periods, but sometimes trees and plants die after such a heavy period. But I have never heard about an apple tree, or any other kind of tree or plant, that it was blooming as this tree does. It is a very unusual story, which I can't clarify. We know that with the greenhouse effect nature is changing, but blooming trees in cold periods wasn't what I expected with planet Earth that is warming up.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7071735/Apple-tree-defies-coldest-winter-to-retain-fruit-crop.html
I think this is magic as well. An apple tree who still has green leaves and is still bursting red and green fruit in the winter. It must be a miracel but I think it has something to do with global warming.
BeantwoordenVerwijderen